FAITHFUL! (Week 11 - August 4, 2015)

via

Words, words, words… In a culture where words are abundant but their value is nil, isn’t it great to come across Psalm 145:13b?

The Lord is FAITHFUL in all
His WORDS 
and KIND in all His WORKS.
(ESV)

God is not some politician promising the sun, moon and stars; a slick salesman guaranteeing more than his product could ever deliver; nor is He a starry eyed bride/groom reciting vows that they will struggle to honor. Although these last two lines of verse 13 are not found in some ancient manuscripts, the concept of a God who is completely, irrefutably and steadfastly faithful permeates the Scriptures.

Do you have “words” from The Father that you long ago relegated to a box in your “Closet Of The Unexplainable?” Do you have promises you have buried under a frustrating stack of unanswered prayers that we are all so prone to maintain? Retrieve them! Dust off those words, shine the light on those promises and declare over them that “HE is faithful in ALL His words,” for “He who began a good work in you is faithful to complete it.”


6 comments:

  1. I love this post! The word KIND just jumps out at me, I'm constantly telling my boys to speak kindly to each other and I always forget that kindness is meant to be shown through action/works not just words. I love that God is kind in all his works, that he has a love and tenderness towards us. I'm wondering how I can encourage my children to be kind hearted and also desire for my own heart and actions to reflect the kindness that God has shown towards me. I was trying to find a good definition for kind and was able to find more than 'essential quality or character' does anyone have a better definition? Thanks for another great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, Your comment sent me on a quest to find a good definition of “kind”. It wasn’t as easy as one would think… However, I ran across the following from “The King James Bible Page”* and thought it was excellent! What do you think?

    KIND: Disposed to do good to others, and to make them happy by granting their requests, supplying their wants or assisting them in distress; having tenderness or goodness of nature; benevolent; benignant.

    *http://av1611.com/kjbp/kjv-dictionary/kind.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheri, this is beautiful and timely for me. I do literally have a binder of WORDS that is covered in dust because I received them during a time when my identity was completely different than it is now. I applied them to that job/ministry/identity and now I probably need to brush the dust off that binder and see what God was telling me for my current life. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for reading and commenting on my blog today!

      Delete
  4. Heidi, your post is encouraging...each year I ask the Lord, "What is the "word" for this year". A few years ago "kindness" was laid upon my heart. I was even "led" to a journal in the store that presented with the word, "kindness"! I took notice real quick! Anything new I can learn I welcome and your post intrigued me. In reading your post it triggered memory of the great acts David put forth for Johnathan's son Mephibosheth. Saul the grandfather of Mephibosheth wanted to murder David - what does David do when he becomes king? He finds Saul's grandson and bestows on him such great acts of loving kindness! What a great depiction of our Abba Father's love and kindness toward us!
    2 Samuel 9
    3 Is anyone from Saul’s family still alive to whom I could show the kindness of God?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, I hadn't thought about David and the kindness he showed to the son of his enemy! A brilliant reminder...thanks!

      Delete

Please share your thoughts!